International Fertilizer Development Recruitment 2018/2019 / How to Apply for IFDC Jobs
International Fertilizer Development Center Recruitment 2018/2019 – In this writing, you will surely get the latest updates on International Fertilizer Development Center 2018 recruitment requirements, qualifications, guidelines, etc for free.
International Fertilizer Development Center Recruitment 2018/2019
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries via the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
We recruit to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Policy Economist, Seconded to ECOWAS
Tracking Code: 20120364
- IFDC North and West Africa is seeking to recruit a National Policy Economist for its program “Enhancing Growth via Regional Agricultural Input Systems (EnGRAIS)” to be implemented in the West Africa sub-region.
- The National Policy Economist will be seconded to ECOWAS and will be in charge for liaising with ECOWAS and other regional institutions to support the implementation of the EnGRAIS program.
- The National Policy Economist seconded to ECOWAS will be supervised by and report to the program’s CoP.
- He/she may also be called to undergo other duties assigned by the CoP as deemed necessary to support the achievement of the program’s overall objective.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with ECOWAS officials, particularly in the Agriculture Department, regarding regional initiatives and issues related to the agricultural inputs and particularly fertilizer sector.
- Facilitate ECOWAS/IFDC coordination on planned fora, meetings, initiatives and implementation.
- Advocate, as appropriate and needed, on behalf of USAID/IFDC initiatives;
- Provide at least monthly updates on all ECOWAS activities related to USAID/IFDC ongoing work and current and potential initiatives; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the COP of EnGRAIS or his designee.
- Skills Requirements:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and French
- Competence in the use of computers and MS Office software
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ethics, integrity and sound judgment;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with staff and counterparts from different countries and cultural backgrounds
- A Master’s degree in Agricultural Policy, Agricultural Economics, Economics or a related field.
- Ability and availability to travel to other countries as required.
Experience Requirement for International Fertilizer Development Recruitment 2018/2019:
At least five years of professional work experience, preferably in agricultural policy with government or international donor-funded projects/programs in the areas of fertilizer/food security.
Work experience in ECOWAS Member States (required) and with regional institutions (preferred).
How to Apply for International Fertilizer Development Recruitment 2018/2019:
Interested /qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 23rd March, 2018.