FUTO Departmental Cut off Mark 2018/2019 | FUTO Cut off Mark 2018/2019.
The Cut off mark is an agreed score set by the Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) as a basic of admitting students into the department of study. This score is usually accredited to candidates based on their performance in a particular examination. However, students who have scored above the required cut off mark will be given admission and preferentially treated in admission process above those who have met the exact cut off mark.
FUTO Cut-off Mark 2018/2019 For JAMB.
Following the scrapping out of post UTME by the Federal government, the Joints Admission and Matriculation board (JAMB) had given a bench mark of 180 and above for candidates applying for Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education. Hitherto, the Federal University of Technology Owerri has follow suit in the 180 general cut of mark of JAMB as a guide for FUTO Cut-off Mark 2018/2019.
The FUTO L Departmental Cut off Mark 2018/2019 consider candidates with higher scores first; in admission basics, candidates with lower scores though might meet the cut off mark of 180 may likely not be admitted. In fact, it is the higher your scores, the higher the chance of being admitted.
FUTO Departmental Cut off Mark 2018/2019.
Federal University of Technology Owerri does not really have a specific cut off mark for courses. However, candidates who have scored a minimum of one 180 in UTME examination is eligible to apply for admission into any of their choice courses.
Due to the high number of students wishing to study in the Federal University of Technology Owerri, the admission processes is competitive and an admission is given based on JAMB score and O level grades.
FUTO MERIT CUT OFF MARK for FACULTY OF ARTS 2018
Below are courses offered in the university as well as their cut off mark:
1. Electrical/Electronics Engineering 220
2. Mechanical Engineering 220
3. Futo cut off mark for Petroleum Engineering 210
4. Futo post utme cut off mark for Computer Science 210
5. Civil Engineering 210
6. Information Manag. Technology 210
7. Chemical Engineering 200
8. Optometry 200
9. Biochemistry 190
10. Dental Technology 180
11. Public Health Technology 180
12. Prosthesis & Orth. Technology 180
13. Project Manag. Technology 180
14. Ind. Microbiology 180
15. Geology 180
16. Material & Met. Engineering 180
17. Polymer & Textile Engineering 180
18. Agricultural Engineering 180
19. Food Science & Technology 180
20. Biotechnology 180
21. Agric Economics 180
22. Transport Manag. Technology 180
23. Maritime Manag. Technology 180
24. Financial Manag. Technology 180
25. Biomedical Technology 180
26. Ind. Physics 180
27. Ind. Chemistry 180
28. Biology 180
29. Mathematics 180
30. Science Laboratory 180
31. Statistics 180
32. Agric. Extension 180
33. Animal Science Technology 180
34. Crop Science Technology 180
35. Fishery & Aq. Technology 180
36. Forestory & Wildlife Technology 180
37. Soil Science Technology 180
38. Building Technology 180
39. Environmental Technology 180
40. Landscape Architectural Tech, 180
41. Quantity Surveying Tech. 180
42. Surveying & Geoinformatics 180
43. Urban & Regional Planning 180
How to Calculate FUTO Screening Aggregate Cut off Mark.
O’Level ==> 20%
UTME ==> 50%
Post UTME ==> 30%
Calculate It Thus: For O’level
A1 = 4 points
B2 = 3.6 points
B3 = 3.2 points
C4 = 2.8 points
C5 = 2.4 points
C6 = 2.0 points
Calculate your 5 Core subjects only
For UTME/JAMB Score:
Divide your JAMB/UTME by 8
Divide your post UTME Score by 2
NB: The Candidate must not score below 40% in Post UTME to stand a chance.
FUTO Nature of Admission Screening 2018
The Federal University of Technology Owerri holds her admission screening exercises within a week or couple of weeks and it usually comes in two phases. Students who applied to study in the school are to proceed for the pre-screening exercise when once it is being announced.
Documents required for the pre-screening exercise are: SSCE result and JAMB registration print out only.
It is often important that a candidate arrive early and locate his/her screening venue early. Candidates will be screen on the JAMB scores and their SSCE result.