Federal Ministry of Education Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship 2018/2019 Application Guide.
The Federal Ministry of Education – The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2018/2019 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award.
2018/2019 Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards Interview
The Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship will be Awarded to:
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
Fields of Study
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
Eligibility Criterias For Federal Ministry of Education Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship 2018/2019 Application Guide
A.) Undergraduate Scholarships:
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificates, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2016 & 2017).
- Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
B.) Postgraduate Scholarships:
- All applicants for Undergraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D. and only N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted;
- Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
Note (For all Applicants):
Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign Languare course of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
All applicants for Hungarian Scholarships must visit the website: stipendiumhungaricum.hu
Complete the application form onlinePrint the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to 2.0 above.
Requirements For The Federal Ministry of Education Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship 2018/2019
- Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only one certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June for:
- Two copies of Birth Certificate from National Population Commission;
- State of origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) coloured passport sized photographs on white background;
- Postgraduate applicatns will be required to submit Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or Excemption certificates only.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who wish to apply for the Federal Ministry of Education Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship 2018/2019 should:
All qualified candidates are advised to:
Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website: education.gov.ng and click on Read more on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form onlinePrint the completed Application Form
Submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled below.
Double Entries will be disqualified!This particular application does not attract any rocessing fee. Therefore, beware of fraudsters!
Application deadline for the federal ministry of education bilateral education agreement scholarship 2018/2019 is 15th February 2018.